The primary way we fulfill our mission is by providing recovery groups a place to hold their meetings. We also plan social events where people can interact in a safe and sober environment.
24 South was founded in March of 2010 and has become a place where thousands of individuals come each year to recover.
Here are some facts and figures about our impact:
• We host 18 separate meetings each week, including at least 2 per day
• 41,600 people attend meetings at 24 South every year and more than 800 attend meetings on a weekly basis
• A wide variety of recovery meetings (AA, NA, Alanon, faith-based programs) happen at 24 South
• Host multiple annual sober parties (New Year’s, Valentines, etc.) to provide safe entertainment for individuals and families —
• Provided volunteer and marketing support for hundreds of community events raising money to combat addiction
We focus all our energy and resources on our mission. We are completely volunteer-run organization and we intentionally charge groups less than other places because we want more people to recover. Fees from group meetings only cover 50% of what it costs to run 24 South. The balance of the funds needed come from outside donations, annual memberships, targeted fundraisers and some modest hall rental fees.
The disease of alcoholism and drug addiction affects millions of families each year. If you want to help us fight addiction and help people recover, then please consider becoming a member or making a donation to 24 South using the form on the back.